Time Spent Watching Movies

Time Spent Watching Movies 3 Days 14 Hours 23 Minutes

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Ginger Snaps (October Movie 17)


Ginger Snaps




 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0210070/

I was looking forward to this movie quite a bit actually and was a little let down but I’ve just come to realize something.  I don’t really like high school kids.  I don’t know what it is about them but I have this I’m better than they are feeling.  Am I old?  Multiple times this month I’ve talked about them and I’m always describing them as annoying.  Is it my fault that every time I pick a kid up at elementary school and see the smug high schoolers next door thinking they’re so cool because they’re on the garbage school basketball team that I think something like “hey buddy, you’re not so cool.  I could take you easily in a game to eleven”?  Ok, it might be a little.  I’ll have to work on this.  To the movie.

A little kid finds there dog mutilated in the backyard and his mom absolutely loses her mind. No one seems to care, especially these two teen sisters that have a suicide pact together. There's some beast going around town killing everyone's dogs.  Poor dogs, why couldn’t it just kill high school kids?  Still working on it.  One night the death obsessed girls are attacked and the older one, Ginger, gets bitten all over the place but gets away when the beast gets killed by a truck while crossing the street. 

Bridgette and Ginger make it home and Ginger with miraculously already healing. Calling it healing might be a stretch though when we see that there's hair growing out of the wounds on her shoulder. Gingers personality starts changing (she went from goth to skank) and the sisters who were once super close fall apart. Oh and one day Bridgette sees that Ginger is starting to grow a tail. 

About a month in an almost completely transformed werewolf Ginger kills the neighbors dog and roughs up the guy she's banging.  He starts turning into a wolf next.  Bridgette decides to do something about it and starts working on a cure for Ginger. Also the tail is super gross. Ginger goes to school and kills the janitor and guidance counselor. Only the counselor deserved it. 

Bridgette goes to the to the big Halloween party and snags Ginger as she's turning into a hairy beast. Bridgette and her drug dealer acquaintance fight Ginger inside her house. The dealer dies first and then after a solid showdown, wolf Ginger takes a knife to the chest. Even though it was a monster, it was still her sister so everyone's sad. 

Rating: 6.0  There are good things about this movie and there are also not so good things.  It’s a refreshing change up to the dark and brooding tones that I’m used to seeing in werewolf movies.  It’s also basically the horror version of Clueless with worse acting.  You see, good and bad.  The ending makes up for the rest of the movie at least.  Good looking werewolves too (as in scary not attractive).

Favorite Scene: The final hunt down in the basement.  Not using CGI made it a lot better.

Memorable Lines: “Wrists are for girls.  I’m slitting my throat”.  Metal.

What I would’ve done as the main character: Can’t think of a whole lot I would’ve done differently.  I would’ve made my trap for Ginger a little cleverer and actually got the cure into her.  She was super close to her sister and her actions made quite a bit of sense.  Good job writer.

What happens in the sequel:  The whole high school basketball team is made up of werewolves.

 The transformation of a werewolf.  First she's a normal goth girl

 She transcends to popularity in her next form, the skank

 Here you can see the never misdiagnosed six-head stage

 Finally we have the complete werewolf

https://www.facebook.com/CandyAndAMovie

No comments:

Post a Comment