Time Spent Watching Movies

Time Spent Watching Movies 3 Days 14 Hours 23 Minutes

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (October Movie 14)

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270761/?ref_=nv_sr_2

I wrote up a whole thing about this movie and it was unfortunately deleted.  Movie wasn't good enough to do it over and I'm still way behind in October with one day too go.  I'll just do a quick write up of my thoughts and then all the rating stuff.

This was like a kids movie that isn't for kids.  Had the same feeling as Darkness Falls.  Actually now that I think about it, each have a lot to do with staying in the light and teeth.  I like Guy Pearce a lot but his character was lame so there wasn't much he could do about it.  Katie Holmes isn't the best but at least she isn't bad to look at.  She did a good enough job here.  The kid's character ventured between being bratty and misunderstood so of course she was annoying.  Also the final scene with Katie's voice was really bad.

Rating: 4.7 This was not worth the watch.  Didn't produce any scares, mostly because the little monsters weren't scary.  Also Guy let Katie get killed, come on.  There's the movie spoiled so you don't have to see it now.  You're welcome.

Favorite Scene: I was trying to think of one but nothing really came up.  For such a creepy mansion, the director did a pretty bad job creating a scary environment.  Maybe when the groundskeeper gets it near the middle.

Memorable Lines: 0

What I would've done as the main character:  Well the main character is a little girl so it's hard to say.  Maybe not be so much of a brat that it drives my single mother to stop liking me to the point where she ships me off to my neglectful father who also doesn't want me.  Maybe.

What happens in the sequel: There will never be one and if there is I hope the characters don't waste 75% of the movie not believing in what's going on.

I'd be creepier if I wasn't four inches tall

I don't like this title.  It's too demanding
https://www.facebook.com/CandyAndAMovie

No comments:

Post a Comment