Time Spent Watching Movies

Time Spent Watching Movies 3 Days 14 Hours 23 Minutes

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Movie #9 The Hangover

The Hangover (2010)

Got another hit from my German reader. Keep it up!

The Hangover, or Stopping in Vegas on the way to a Wedding as it is known in Israel, is a movie that I think everyone and their mother (and my mother) has seen. Possibly more than once. So I'm not sure what to talk about. Do you want to read about things you already know? I sure hope so. If you haven't seen it in a while like me and want to check it out again, I recommend watching it on cable. The edits make it almost a new movie.

This Movie in One Run-On Sentence : A couple guys go to Vegas for a bachelor party, get roofied, lose the groom, steal Mike Tyson's tiger, get married to a stripper, pay $80,000 back to a tiny Asian man and then attend the wedding.

Best Scene : I was ready to say the first scene with Tyson but then the wedding singer popped up at the end and I had to pick that. It's the perfect mixture of absurdity, awkwardness and humor.

Favorite Line “I tend to think of myself as a one man wolf pack”

Rating : 6.5 Mr Goodbars. This movie, for all of it's hype at the time, was a little overrated. Sure I laughed a good amount but there weren't many lines that killed me and I didn't see any reason for so many people to go see it twice in theaters. This movie made over 450 million world wide which is ridiculous for a r rated flick. It sure was marketed well.

Alternate Ending : If there is one thing to read in this post, it is this. In the ending credits, to my dismay, you see Galifianakis' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj1M36kdxH0) junk. Sometimes hanging out, sometimes hanging somewhere else. After extensive internet research, I just learned it's a fake. Phew, luckily the ding dong was more ding than dong. In the alternate ending it's real. Just kidding.

What I would do if I was the main character : If I was any of the three I would of course retrace my steps and start at the beginning of the night. Duh. Then after quickly solving the mystery of my lost friend, I could have spent the rest of the day hanging out and not doing drugs the way I planned. The tiger would have to be put down though.

What would happen in the sequel : The same thing but less funny? That's what everyone says and they are basically right. Except this time Ken Jeong's junk is real I think. So what happens in the third? It has to be Galifianakis getting married to a much more attractive lady. It takes place at Disney World and either Chip or Dale gets naked. Just stick with the first one.

What to take away from the movie : At least 5 solid laughs I would say. Movie doesn't have much re-watch value (just made that up) but worth seeing once or twice on cable.





Some Guys Just Can't Handle Blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment