Time Spent Watching Movies

Time Spent Watching Movies 3 Days 14 Hours 23 Minutes

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Movie #24 Urban Explorers : Into the Darkness

Urban Explorers : Into the Darkness (2007)


Going to do something a little different here. First, just watch this because it's one of the coolest things I've ever seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWF3IDk9Gek

What ya think? Do we have the same opinion of cool? Here's the thing. That little video is way better than this documentary. If you were really into that video, watch this. If not, then don't waste your time. Because there isn't really a story to this doc and it's more of just an informative movie, you are getting my bulletpoint notes as I watched instead of paragraphs. That's the way it goes, deal with it.

  • I would love to do some exploring sometime but Orlando doesn't have many places to go plus I'm not a fan of heights or poop. Makes it challenging.
  • One of the guys says 9/11 made it tougher to go out exploring. Being caught in an abandoned building with a bunch equipment like gas masks doesn't look the good anymore.
  • First explorer they interviewed explorer name is Max Action. You would think with a name like that he would be cool but instead, he is kind of a tool. Max Action is the of Godfather of urban exploring.
  • I was trying to come up with a cool explorer name. A lot of the people in the movie names suck. First thing I thought of was Dr. Keanu. Oliver Clothesoff always makes me laugh too. Maybe try and come up with your own and leave it as a comment.
  • A couple of guys go and check out an abandoned rocket test site in the Everglades. That's pretty close! Unfortunately, I just don't own the cargo pants to run with these guys yet. They do take some awesome pictures while they are there. You end up seeing that the pictures at each site are the best parts of the movie.
  • Some explorers are pro lots of gear where others are more gear minimalists. It's a big deal.
  • I do like two of the guys nicknames, Slim Jim and Junkyard.
  • Slim Jim is a total spazz but is my favorite explorer in the movie. According to him “Girl's that are attractive and into exploring are few and far between”. I think the more appropriate thing for him to say is “Girls who don't think I have a fridge full of people in my basement are few and far between”. Again I like the guy, but he's weird.
  • Katwoman and Mr. X are the next people to be interviewed. For some reason, I have a problem with Katwoman starting with a K. Mr. X ends up taking some really cool looking pictures down in a sewer or something. Another guy named Danarchy does as well.
  • Two people visit this place called Xanadu that is in Orlando. It should've been me! In the end the place smells like pee and maybe I didn't miss out.
  • Apparently people die all the time exploring. I believe it. Falling off a bridge would be a way more metal way to go then falling through a decrepit staircase.
  • Speaking of metal way to go, four guys almost died in a sewer because of the methane. Does poop preserve bodies?
  • There is an exploring get together in Scotland in which a lot of the people who have been in the movie attend. I think they go to the coolest places here. They visit an old hospital, a seminary and a psych ward.
  • Later randomly we are in Paris. That place is old so there must be some good spots there. A couple guys end up climbing down into the catacombs. They pass an old WW2 german bunker while underground.
  • Movie ends back in the Everglades with the guy repelling like 60 feet down the missile hole (don't know what to call that). Gets some sweet pictures.

Favorite Scene : The catacombs. They saved the best for last.

Rating : 6 Charleston Chews Even for someone like me who is interested in this stuff, the movie is just kind of meh. It's the explorers fault because they just aren't that interesting of people. I don't care about them, I just want to see the places. In the end they spend more time talking than exploring, it's just boring.


Posting from a sewer

No comments:

Post a Comment